Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bedtime Battle : The Prologue

Insomnia probably runs in the family. It's the only explanation for my 10 week old son's refusal to go to sleep at 11:30pm. It isn't as if he gets long naps in the day; he cat naps two or three times for 5-10 minutes at a time. Yet, here I am, sitting awake because the boy doesn't want to sleep. We talked baby talk for about half an hour or more, and we had a lovely conversation, of which, I didn't understand a word (and I'm sure that he didn't either) but was the most enjoyable conversation that I've ever had.

*******************************************************************

Okay! Back from reading the blogs. I am thoroughly wiped out now. And as luck would have it, my dear boy is finally nodding off. I forsee a lot of this bedtime back and forth in the future. I'll just hope and pray that McCain-Palin fails at the polls, so SNL has no more Palin fodder for late night TV. Otherwise, I'll be fighting my son into the late night hours on a Saturday trying to pry him away from the TV. Oh wait....we don't have a TV.

Anyhoo. Time for bed!

1 comment:

mommapolitico said...

Tweenie was NOT a sleeper. I remember many a car ride around town to get her to eventually conk out. We tried everything: vibrating bouncy seat, sitting her on top of the dryer in said seat (no heat, mind you), lullaby box on the crib,you name it. The only thing that finally worked was this sound machine we bought from the Hammaker Schlemmer - $54.
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/60586.asp
Anyhow, we lived near a freeway, and it kept her up at night, so it was a good $50 purchase. Little Man slept like a rock. Go figure.
Anyhow, this, too, shall pass, and you'll miss those wonderful conversations soon enough. Enjoy it while it lasts, and sleep whenever you can!