Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy as a Blob

It's nearly midnight, as I busy myself with our announcement cards. Armaan has been acting difficult these last two nights, taking much longer than usual to fall asleep. I really can't tell if it's normal baby fusiness, or some new phenomenon that I am yet to discover. All the lullabies and rocking of the past three hours didn't send him to dreamland. I just managed to get him to sleep a while ago after I let him doze off in my lap. If he was like a normal baby, and took naps during the day, I could accomplish a lot more, and these announcement cards wouldn't be sitting here six weeks after baby arrived.

Speaking of, I went in for my six week post-natal appointment with the Doc. He gave me a clean bill of health, and a prescription for birth control. I was a little misty eyed when I gave Doc a hug goodbye, as this was our last meeting. He and his staff have been so good to us, I really feel that they care about me and the baby, rather than treating us as just another patient. Our hospital was fantastic. Even the garage staff were kind and thoughtful. I never had to park far from the hospital door, and they would always bring my car to the exit for me. I'm sending the Doc and his staff a birth announcement, as well as a box of chocolates as a thank you. I told him that I would see him again in a few years with Baby #2. Hopefully he won't have retired by then!

To Do List for tomorrow:

- Finish addressing announcements
- Fold baby's laundry
- Eat lunch (this is getting more difficult everyday)
- Research for a project that I am starting with Mom
- Call to have pump rental renewed
- Sell couch
- Locate student loan documents and call for deferment
- Have prescription filled
- blah blah blah

Of course, I can only do any of these tasks when the baby takes a nap. Maybe I should add "Put baby for nap" on the task list. That should take the entire day in itself.

No comments: