Friday, September 5, 2008

Strangle me with those leggings, Please.

Today Armaan and I went to the mall in celebration of one of the warmest days of the year. I think it was close to 85 degrees today. Certainly it was no comparison to the Houston summers of my youth, but I will take any degree of warmth and sunshine in this godawful cold city. So I put him in the Snugli and off we went to Powell street to pursue some low grade retail therapy.

I think having a cute baby strapped to your body is like having a get out of jail free card. Even the MUNI officers, who are usually Nazis about checking your proof of purchase stubs and booking you for not finding yours in time, seemed to back off from their attack. The checking officer at Powell station, one of the busiest in the city, and most notorious for fare skippers, waved me by as he meticulously checked all the other people getting out. "Go ahead ma'am don't worry about it." It was like garlic warding off vampires.

So I bought the YSL nailpolish in the fall 08 collection, a nice dark purple-y color. That, and a pair of leggings. I couldn't resist. I know I won't be going anywhere that I can wear them any time soon. I mean, the hubby can't seem to put the baby to sleep for the night, nor can he determine if the face the baby is making is a "I'm hungry" face, or an "I'm gassy" face. Knowing hubby, he won't be able to distinguish between the two, overdose him on formula, and a projectil vomit episode will ensue. Then he will call me in a panic on my cell phone, and I will have to abandon whatever semblance of the adult world I am indulging in, and come home to tend to a baby-turned-fountain-of-Similac.

The nailpolish will come to use sooner, though. While I can't head off to the spa to have my nails done, I can do a hack job at home. Imperfect 10, here I come!

No comments: